TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTES:
- All material ordered remains the property of Hugh Ashley Rayner, until payment in full is received
- Any prints ordered will be reserved for a period of up to seven working days, without commitment; whilst arrangements for payment are made.
- If however the order is not confirmed and paid for by the end of that period, or suitable arrangements for payment made, then it will be cancelled and the prints returned to stock.
- This website does not currently use any cookies; although we may decide to do so in the future. (A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user.)
- By visiting this website, and by ordering any material whatsoever, you agree that the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Hugh Ashley Rayner (or his affiliated publishing business Pagoda Tree Press).
- Hugh Ashley Rayner (& his affiliated publishing business Pagoda Tree Press), do not sell products directly to children, but products may be purchased by adults, on their behalf. If you are under 18, you may purchase photographs, prints, maps or books from Hugh Rayner or from Pagoda Tree Press only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Hugh Rayner and Pagoda Tree Press reserve the right to refuse service, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion.
Copyright & Reproduction.
- Copyright of all text, illustrations, logos or other material on this website remains with Hugh Ashley Rayner, or with such other companies, authors or illustrators as may be so designated in individual images or texts. Any reproduction republication or dissemination of any photographs or Pagoda Tree Press illustrations, by any printed, digital or other electronic media process, is strictly forbidden, without the full written permission of Hugh A. Rayner.
- In accordance with the new European Directive on distance selling, which has been incorporated into UK law by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling Act) Regulations 2000, you as the consumer have the right to cancel your order with us within 7 days of receiving the goods. Day one to be the day after you receive the goods. You will have to pay the cost of returning the goods to us, all other monies will returned within 30 days date from cancellation, on the understanding that the goods are returned in the condition of which they are received. If we have not received our goods back within that time, the Regulations allow us to deduct what it would cost us to retrieve the goods from you the consumer. We will however not accept back goods that have been used, worn or damaged in any way by the customer. Any books that have been supplied in shrink wrapping, must be returned in that condition, unless they are specifically being returned because of a printing fault, or other damage, that only became apparent after unwrapping.
- Note: Any unwanted photographs that have been ordered, may not be scanned, published or otherwise reproduced before being returned. The scanning, copying or reproduction by any other method, digital or photographic, or use of any such material for publication illustrative or reproduction purposes will be deemed to be a breach of contract, and any refunded payment owing may be witheld, or legal proceedings may be undertaken to recover damages equal to any purchase cost of the images that have already been refunded with the addition of any legal or other costs incurred.
Damaged, Defective Goods and Cancellation Rights.
- Any new books or publications supplied are guaranteed free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months (or longer if required by law) from the date of delivery. You should inspect the books when you receive them for any defects or damage. If you find damage or a defect, you must tell us within 7 days.
- Vintage, antique or secondhand Photographic prints, books or any other material, are sold as described, with all faults, and any wear, defects or damage that may be due to their age. Any defects are usually overemphasised in their description. However, any faults or damage to prints not correctly described, will be deemed acceptable grounds for returning them.
All clients in the EU, please note that since January 1st 2021, when Britain foolishly left the EU, all orders shipped to the EU are now potentially liable for import duty, and in some countries, additional customs processing charges (some of these appear to be extortionate!) Although VAT is not charged on books in the UK, in some EU countries, it is.